Flash food cooling / freezing retains products original flavor, nutrition, color and moisture. If food cool slowly from +65 °C to +10 °C, these properties will be lost. Also, Harmful bacteria grow well in that zone, so food must pass through this temperature range quickly to reduce this growth.
Rapid chilling preserves the original properties of foods, when temperatures drops from +90 °C to +3 °C within one and a half hours, and maintain temperatures between 0 and +5 °C. As a result, the quality of the food will remain.
During rapid chilling the fluid, for example in cooked foods, are transformed into icy microcrystals without damaging the food's own cellular structure. In such process, it is possible to lower the internal temperature of the food, for example, from +90°C to -18°C in a short time.
Rapid chilling provides, among other things, the following benefits:
- suit for all types of food are safe to use because cooling/freezing processes meet HACCP requirements
- the fluid in the food does not lost as usual and the weight is preserved
- less waste because food can be stored for a long time
- saves time when food can be prepared in batches of the required size faster
- food can be offered to end customers at scheduled time of the year, outside of the high season